UWeX Marketplace now supports the auction function. You can use it either for selling your inventory more quickly or for a promotion campaign.
- In an inventory moving sales, you can use a large batch at a favourable price to attract buyers.
- In a promotion campaign, you can pick up one product at a competitive star price or use a reverse auction to get more traffics to your shop with a chance to cross sell or up sell.
It’s easy to set up a new auction.
- log into your dashboard at https://uwex.co/wp-admin
- go to Products => Add Product
- add title, description, images, featured image, select category – all things you do when adding regular product
- in Product Data drop down menu select Auction
- you will see new tab in left menu named Auction, see screenshot:
- fill all details (they are self-explainable)
- set auction duration by setting start and end date
- publish product (auction)
Advanced usage includes setting up proxy bidding (auto bidding) and reverse auctions.
If you enabled “Sealed Bid” checkbox, bidders will not see “Current Bid” value but text message “This is sealed bid auction”.
The bidders will see the current bid price and time left on their screen. They can input the price and bid.
When the time is over, you will receive the email notification of the final bid.
Don’t hesitate to start your auction sale now.